Monday, October 6, 2008

He's doing GREAT !!!!!

Here is the latest in news from Elder Wilde. I didn't get any new pictures and with conference just getting over I thought I would add a few pictures we took when Bradey and I went back in April. It was such a great time. We did hear from Him today and you can tell that he is finally getting the hang of being a Missionary. I makes me feel so much better to know that he is working so hard and has caught the spirit of Missionary work. Here's some of his letters:
My dearest family:)
Well another week has gone by here in the village of Molepolole. I have so much to say but will try and keep it short so I can write y'all. I want to start with some comments on General Conference. Elder Holland talked about having angels today, both seen and unseen. As I listened to this talk it hit me so solid that you guys are my angels.Everyone of you. Mom,Dad,Brand,Jac,Bralin,Blake and Em. All of you and Grandma. You guys dint know how much you've done for me. You all have been the best examples and have shown me, so much love and kindness. I dunno who or where I'd be without you. As I listened I prayed that you guys could feel the slightest bit of love and gratitude I have for you. I love you guys so much and truly feel all your prayers and remember all those sweet memories that put a smile on my face in the hardest of times out here. But alright I'll stop being so tenderhearted. As for the week it went by really fast and with lots of tracking and lessons, 99 percent of the people we meet have never heard of the church or ever seen missionaries. It's tough but we just stick to the small and simple truths :) ha ha also, just FYI I got into my first bible bash/ doctrine bash with a lady. It was so sad. ha ha we just bore our testimony's smiled and left as she yelled and said we should watch out for the "devils spirit had deceived us". hahaha. I laugh but I have never felt so bad for a lost soul. Thanks for all the emails... I read them lots. I love you guys ton and miss you tons too. I hope all is well and pray for you lots.
Love your son, brother, (bro in law), and uncle
Elder B.Wilde


But here is my thought, it mostly applies to me but i wanted to share it with your because its something you've ALWAYS taught and have instilled in all of your sons...

"One of the greatest secrets to missionary work is work. If a missionary works, he will get the spirit, if he gets the spirit, he will teach by the spirit, and if he teaches by the spirit he will touch the hearts of the people and he will be happy. There will be no homesickness, no worrying about families, for all time and talents and interests will be centered on the work of the ministry... WORK WORK WORK: there is no satisfactory substitute, especially in missionary work."
Pres. Ezra Taft Benson

Just a quick addition. ha ha. I dream lots here at night cuz its so hot. But last night I have to tell you. Best dream ever.... I was bow hunting with you and the Bros, made my day and night, I woke up with a smile and then remembered I was so far away, but then smiled again because of the sweet memories we have and still have to come. ha ha. Not the kind of dream you were thinking of huh. ha ha. jk.
but I love you tons and love hearing from ya
love
Elder Wilde